Happy December, everyone! I am happy that the year is about to come to an end because it means that I am only a few weeks away from finishing my last term in uni. Though I am quite scared of the inevitable that is officially becoming an adult with a real job and real responsibilities, I am also looking forward to what 2015 has in store for me.
Anyway, another month has passed and it is time again for my monthly favorites. I have more random favorites than beauty because, I guess, that’s just the way it is.
- Forever 21 accessories – These made it to my favorites because I got them on sale at PHP 49.00 for each pair of earrings, and PHP 149.00 for the necklace. Can you believe that? I never usually look at these types of necklaces in F21 because I always expect them to be ridiculously priced at PHP 700.00 ++. I know that they are not appropriate for the current season but I bought these with the thought that I could use them for my styling job. I actually have already used both pairs of earrings in one of our shoots that I will be posting about soon.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara – This mascara hasn’t reached holy grail status just yet but I’ve been loving it because it gives my lashes the volume I want and it doesn’t flake. I only have the deluxe sample that came with the Tarte Ladies Who Lash Eyelash Curler which I have actually reviewed here.
- Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush – I never really used brushes before when applying my concealer but I tried it and it has made such a huge difference! I lightly pat concealer both under my eyes and on my blemishes with my ring finger and then use this brush to blend away. If you’re wondering, this came with the RT Travel Essentials brush set and as far as I know, it’s not sold individually.
- Benefit Hello Flawless! Custom Powder Cover-Up in “I’m cute as a bunny!” Honey – Most of the time during November, I was too lazy to put on a lot of makeup. I usually just do my brows and apply this powder with a big fluffy brush because light coverage is better than no coverage at all. Right? I love how it helps keep my face oil and shine-free throughout the day.
- sweaters – I’ve been loving sweaters lately! I know, we unfortunately don’t have the fall season here in the Philippines, but if there’s an opportunity for me to wear a sweater (like when Matt and I went to Tagaytay last weekend for our pre-anniversary celebration), I grab it! They’re just so comfy and cozy. Ahhh!
- Starbucks’ Christmas Cookie Frappuccino – Ever since Starbucks brought out their Christmas drinks for this year, I have been ordering the Christmas Cookie Frappe non-stop. Also, Matt wants to get their planner so I’m helping him with collecting the stickers like a good girlfriend would. Or maybe I just really like consuming high-calorie drinks?
- Faking It – I started watching this series last month and at first I was not that amused. But as I kept watching episode after episode, I got hooked! Faking It revolves around two best friends who faked being lesbians in order to get popular and the story goes on from there.
- Mom – This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it sure is mine! It has a very dry humor which I find very entertaining. The series revolves around the family of a former-alcoholic single mom who blames her also-former-alcoholic mother for what her life has become. CBS, if you are reading this, I thought I’d just let you know that twenty minutes per episode of this show is not enough!
- Project Runway: Threads – I love watching this show even if it makes me feel so mediocre in life. Like, how can I not be talented like those kids? They design and make clothes at a very young age, meanwhile, here I am, struggling to draw stick figures and operate a sewing machine.
- Big Hero 6 – Baymax!!! He’s so cute and huggable and adorable and one of the main reasons as to why this movie made it to this month’s list. Did I mention that he’s super cute? The animation was superb, there is a moral in the story, and the idea of creating a hybrid city of San Francisco and Tokyo – making San Fransokyo – really amused me. I’m a kid at heart so I give it a perfect 10/10!
- Interstellar – This movie was a complete mindfuck. I found it to be a little bit slow-paced for my liking, but the total gist of it really left me feeling mentally incompetent. I literally had to analyze and think everything over for like an hour after watching the film. Matt and I even discussed it in the car on our way home just to make clear sense. It’s a 9/10 for me since I didn’t like the part when they tried to relate love with science. I mean, come on! You’re not supposed to mix love with science! (Well, in my opinion. Haha!)
Wow, that was a lot! Feel free to share your favorites in the comments down below!