Upon getting my credit card recently, I immediately placed an order on Sephora US to quench my thirst for makeup. I’m not sure whether the fact that they internationally ship to Japan is something to be happy about, or something (for my wallet) to be worried about. The shipping isn’t free but I paid just a flat rate of JPY 1,500 since my order total was above JPY 10,000. I guess that’s still better than anything, especially considering that Western makeup brands are a hell to find locally.
Complete haul details after the cut.
Read More »
Guess who has risen from the grave of blog laziness? Yeap, it(‘s) me. It has been more than a year since I last posted and a lot of things definitely took place. Let me fill you in with what happened to me over the past year or so:
- I (finally) graduated from university and am now an AB degree holder.
- I relocated to Japan a week after my graduation and have been living here since.
- I got employed.
- I’ve been traveling back and forth Manila because homesickness is a real thing.
In short, I’m a 21-year-old kid trying to make it through adulthood. So I kinda had no choice but to put this blog on the back burner for quite a while.
Anyway, the important thing is that I’m back and you can count on seeing weekly posts from me again.
That’s pretty much it for now. Let’s catch up in the comments!
Happy December, everyone! I am happy that the year is about to come to an end because it means that I am only a few weeks away from finishing my last term in uni. Though I am quite scared of the inevitable that is officially becoming an adult with a real job and real responsibilities, I am also looking forward to what 2015 has in store for me.
Anyway, another month has passed and it is time again for my monthly favorites. I have more random favorites than beauty because, I guess, that’s just the way it is.
Read More »
Another late post of a shoot we did for our FIP Fashion Styling class last October 11 in Batangas which peg was men’s denim on denim. Shout out to my boyfriend, Matt, for lending me two pairs of denim jeans and to my friend Vince for his denim top! Just a few more of these to come so please bear with me.
Photos: Adrian Go and Ralph Hornilla
Styling: Aree Anas and Mabel Bernales
Grooming: Divad Medina, Hanna Pechon of Shu Uemura, and Rxandy Capinpin
Model: Gil Cuerva of Mercator Artist and Model Management, Inc. and Yheen Valero
Location: San Luis, Batangas
Read More »
Christmas sure is coming up and for makeup junkies like me, holiday collections and gift sets will definitely be the death of our wallets! With that said, I thought I’d come up with a new series on my blog called “Lust List” which is just my lame term for a wish list. Points for trying to be original? No? Okay. 😦
- Sephora Favorites Superstars – While others are probably going gaga over the Give Me Lip and More Lip Sephora sets, I am drawn much more to this one. Aside from the fact that I’m not that into lippies, I think that you get more value for money with this set which costs USD 75.00. Out of the 12 products, five are full-sized including the Nars Blush in Orgasm which is USD 30.00 alone. I am personally excited about the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown, Bumble And Bumble Surf Spray, Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black, and the Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette – I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the Hourglass Lighting Powders and Blushes and have been so tempted to jump on that bandwagon. This palette contains three of their blushes, one of which is an exclusive and a limited edition shade to this set – more the reason as to why I would to get my hands on this product.
- Tarte Sweet Indulgences 3-in-1 Holiday Gift Collection – In my previous Tarte post here, I mentioned that the next item on my to-buy list was the Ulta Exclusive Tarte Away Oui Go Portable Palette & Collector’s Set. But! A girl can change her mind, right? After knowing from reviews that the compact palette is just made out of flimsy cardboard, I decided that I didn’t want it anymore. Then talk about perfect timing, QVC launched this exclusive set with everything in full size! Yes, you read that right. 10 full-sized Tarte products and two palettes with 16 full-sized eyeshadows for only USD 72.50! It doesn’t get any better than that, now does it?
Only three items on my list? Well, I’m surprised as you are. How about you, lusting over anything right now? Let me know in the comments!